On April 1, 2016, the SMA was recognized by the Santa Fe County Growth Management Department as a "Registered Organization." What that means is set out in Chapter 2 of the Sustainable Land Development Code. In summary, the SMA has the right to:
- Be notified of and make recommendations for pending discretionary development applications in our geographic area (see map) and get notice of public hearings or meetings about such applications.
- Be notified of and make recommendations for Development of Countywide Impact applications.
- Be notified of and make recommendations for amendments to the SGMP, SLDC, or Area, District or Community Plans in our area.
- Coordinate with Community Organizations (which are also defined in Chapter 2), residents, and owners of property or business in our area when discretionary development reviews or administrative adjudicatory applications come up.
- Meet with the Land Use Administrator on matters of interest in our area.
- Participate in Town Hall meetings.
- Take part in Registered Organization leadership retreats and training programs.
Current SMA Officers:
- President: Steven Krenz
- Vice President: Dennis Kurtz
- Treasurer: Gail Buono
- Webmaster: Les Hancock
To visit different parts of this site, click on the tabs at the top of the page. We have a page of links to local shops and services; let us know if you have a business you’d like to add to the list.